Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

21 July 2011

Crock Pot Tilipia

What do you do when you get back from swim lessons at noon and realize that you forgot to thaw the chicken legs you were having for dinner?  Hypothetically, of course.  I would never forget anything.  Ever.



Well, first you pray as you open the freezer door that there are at least five pieces of fish left in the freezer.   

Then you make this:

Crock pot foil tilipia.

It's quick.  It's easy. It's inexpensive.  You know that's my perfect storm of a recipe.

Here's what you do.

 Mix together the following:
1/3 cup mayo
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (the green can is fine)
3 TBSP lemon juice
1 1/2 TBSP minced garlic
Salt & Pepper to your liking

Then lay your fish on a sheet of foil and cover with the mayo mixture.


Wrap up the foil into packets.

Cook on low for four hours. 




I'm going to serve it with a can of corn from last year's garden and a salad. 

Wait,  I mean....who ever forgot to thaw dinner would probably serve it like that.

You know. 

Not me.

I'm perfection personified. 

Just go make the fish.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Sounds really yummy! Thanks for sharing. I have some tilapia in my freezer; this looks like the perfect recipe to try.

Unknown said...

This looks amazing! Do you cook them still frozen, or do you thaw them first?

Charli said...

I cook them frozen. If you thaw, just watch your time so it's not overcooked.