Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

15 August 2011

Menu Plan Monday for August 15th.



I hopped online last night to check my email and blog while the kids were watching Rio and guess what?   OK, you'll never guess.  I won a two month trial for Speekee online Spanish course from Confessions of a Homeschooler.  WooHoo! 
I'm so excited.  I've been wanting to try it for a while now, but didn't really see the need to spend money on something that really wasn't necessary.  Can't wait to try it tomorrow. 

We also have a temporary new addition to our family.  Coda is an eight year old full blooded chocolate lab that we have taken in for some friends.  She is a sweet girl and is getting along great with the boys.  Our other dog Izzy is doing OK with her.  I think she's a little jealous, but all in all they are doing pretty well together.

School went smoothly last week.  Josh picked up where we left off with just a little extra math review.  John did much better than I anticipated with formal Kindergarten.  I know there's still a long way to go, but a good week at the beginning really helps to boost my morale when I'm getting back into the swing of things.

I'm finally back to working only one day this week and I'm trying to wrap up a few small projects before my big canning season starts at the end of next week. 

Here's this weeks menu plan:

Monday:  Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans
Tuesday:  Spaghetti and meatballs, salad
Wednesday:  Pork chops, homemade applesauce and corn on the cob
Thursday:  Foil tilipia, baked potato and carrots
Friday:  Bean tostados
Saturday:  Pizza day
Sunday:  Steak, baked sweet potato and salad

Nothing fancy, just good food on the table.

So, what's good at your place?

No comments: