Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

21 August 2011

Menu Plan Monday for August 22nd.



I'm changing our menu up a little bit this time.  I'm adding more seafood and a little less pasta.  I'm trying to live more by the eating philosophy,  "The whiter the bread the sooner your dead".  Don't freak out....we'll still have plenty of recipes like ice cream cake and lasagna.  I'm just switching them to occasional treats instead of in the weekly lineup. 

So here's the plan:

Monday:  Grilled chicken, green beans and potatoes.
Tuesday:  Broiled Tilipia, sweet potatoes and corn.
Wednesday:  Cheeseburgers on whole wheat buns, salad, & applesauce.
Thursday:  Pork chops, sauteed zucchini, and applesauce.
Friday:  Asian glazed drumsticks, broccoli and peaches
Saturday:  Cilantro Lime Shrimp and salad.
Sunday:  Steak, baked potato and asparagus

I think I'm going to try my hand again at homemade granola and granola bars.  The boys must be going through a simultaneous growth spurt....they are eating me out of house and home.  I'm trying to ward off the constant grazing by planning snack times between meals with good quality snacks - apples, bananas and celery (with peanut butter of course), yogurt, and granola bars. 

We'll see how it goes.

*If you have a chance, I'm taking a poll on how much is spent on groceries monthly.  Please take a moment to vote.  Thanks!

No comments: