Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

03 March 2012

I've been tagged!

I've been tagged by Rachel at Ladybug's Abode!
The Rules Are:
1. You must post the rules. (done)
2. List eleven things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in the post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people that you have tagged.
4. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them.


Eleven things about me....

1.  Ronnie & I were part of a group of friends who hung out together for a few years
     before we ever dated.  We were engaged only one month after we started dating and
     married within six months.
2.  I have been an RN for 20 years now.  I started nursing school right out of high
     school and have been working in critical care areas ever since.  My last job was
     in an interventional cath lab - lots of fun, but lots of work.  I still fill in there
     when they have a need.
3.  Growing up, my Nan lived about 4 blocks from my Mom, along a very busy street
     in our town (Broadway to East Park Ave.).  I had just gotten my license and was
     allowed to drive by my brother Chris & I home from Nan's.  I remember driving and
     Chris and I thinking we must look awesomely cool because everyone was honking
     and waving at us.  Turns out, we left the food Nan gave us on the roof of the car and
     they were trying to tell us it was up there.  It made it the whole way home.  Still
     makes me laugh.
4.  My first car I bought all by myself was a shiny red Geo Storm.  I loved that car.
5.  My mom is an adopted only child.  I never dreamed I would be part of a family
     with seven nieces and nephews, but I love it.  I love having birthday parties at our
     house with all the kids running loose in the yard. 
6.  I love sitting on the front porch swing with Ronnie in the Summer after the boys
     are in bed.  So relaxing.
7.  I love our bed.  It's a Temperpedic and one of the best purchases we ever made.
     Worth every penny.
8.  Ronnie has almost talked me into getting a couple of chickens.  Almost.
9.  I have gone to the same church since I was 6 years old (minus a several year
     hiatus during and after college).
10.  I used to think that payday was synonymous with shopping day.  I never planned
       or budgeted my money.  It makes me a little sick when I think about all the money
       I wasted.
11.  We only have one very tiny bathroom in our home.  It's so small, you could
        sit on the toilet and brush your teeth at sink at the same time.  (Not that you
        should).


1. How many brothers and sisters do you have?
          I have one brother who is seven years younger than me. 

2. Did you attend public, private, or were you home schooled?

          I attended public school.  My grade school was actually just across the street
          from our house.

3. What are your favorite pizza toppings?

          That's a toss up.  Either pepperoni and mushrooms, or pepperoni with Oliverio's
           peppers if it's from Colo's.

4. Coffee, tea, or something else? Tell me what flavor of tea, how you drink your coffee, or what your something else is?

           Coffee.  More specifically coffee with Coffeemate Coconut cream creamer. 
           Ummmm.......I might have to leave and get some now.  BRB.

5. What is your favorite book of the Bible?

            I have always loved the book of James.  I feel like James was probably the kind
            of person who went straight to the point.  Here's what you need to do and how 
             to do it.  I appreciate that. 

6. What is your favorite thing to do at the end of the day?
            I like to watch TV after the kids are in bed.  My favorite thing at bedtime
            though, is when Ronnie & I are lying in bed and just talking.  It's wonderful.

7. Do you have a garden? If so, what are your two favorite things to grow. If not, then tell me what your favorite two vegetables are.
           Oh yeah!  We love our garden.  I can't pick just two things.  My favorite thing
            about a garden in the summer is walking through it before dinner and picking
            our dinner fresh.  Nothing like eating a tomato that's still warm from the sun.

8. Do you have any allergies? What are they?
            I always thought I didn't, until Ronnie & I were married in December & I
           used live pine to decorate the church.  I had a major reaction before the wedding
           and had to get a steroid shot.  Now I know I'm allergic to pine.

9. Do you have any children? If so, how many?
           I have three energetic boys who are 7, 5, & 4.

10. What colors do you have in your kitchen?
           Right now it's a combination of white and crayon/cocoa wheat.  I'm actually
           heading out to Sherwin Williams paint sale today to pick up some paint...
           Honey Caramel and Coconut Milk.  Thanks to my friend and awesome
           designer Tammy for picking out my colors.  I was stuck on what to do.

11. What is your all time favorite restaurant?
          I would have to say Muriel's.  It's a local Italian restaurant that is always
          fantastic.  My second would be a tie between the Aquarium and Julio's.

Good questions Rachel. 

Now the hard part - eleven questions.
1.  Where were you born?
2.  What's your favorite food?
3.  What one farm animal would you raise, if you could?
4.   What would your "Priceless" Mastercard commercial be?
5.  What would suprise me about you?
6.  What was your first car?
7.  What did you want to be when you grew up?
8.  What blog or website do you visit the most?
9.  Have you ever left the country?
10.  What is your favorite local Mom & Pop shop or restuarant?
11.  What makes you smile?

I'm tagging:
Selena @ Campbell Clan
Tracey @Building my house
Barb@Encouraging Moments at Home
Audrey @ Everything Beautiful
Kristy@One Day at a Time
Kathleen@Postivie Adoption
Maria @ Selah
Sonya @The Lawson 5

And girls, I know some of you aren't currently blogging, but you should be.  I like reading your stuff. 

Also, don't feel pressured to pass on the tag to eleven others, I'm just interested to see what you write (as always).


Thanks Rachel, this was fun!

3 comments:

swissarmymama said...

Oooh, a challenge!

Tracey said...

I will get to this in the next day or so. Lots of filing to do today.

Rachel E. said...

Not a problem. I enjoyed reading your answers.