Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

31 August 2015

Menu Plan Monday for August 31st.




Menu planning has become even more important to me lately as I enter a pricey time of the year for us.  I have Josh turning eleven next week, Josiah's birthday follows in mid October, then the joy (and expense) of Christmas means there's no better time to tighten the purse strings. 

I think that's one of the biggest benefits of menu planning - the ability to make an easy change and free up some cash when needed.  I'll admit, I've been completely loosey goosey with our budget the past six months and I can tell it.  We're back on the menu plan and cash envelopes.  It's a good thing.

That being said, here's this week's menu:

Monday:  Steak hoagies, roasted potatoes, peaches
Tuesday:  BBQ chicken, baked sweet potato, corn.
Wednesday:  Crock pot lasagna, salad
Thursday:  Easy taco salad
Friday:  Co-op pizza party - I'm taking brownies.
Saturday:  Keilbasa & potatoes, applesauce
Sunday:  General Tso's

So what's good at your place this week?

2 comments:

Lorrie said...

for someone i don't know that well...i just love everything about you! your'e blog, your writing style, the food you cook and your straightforward nature!
youre cool...your name is even cool!

Lorrie said...

sorry about typos...:)