Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

30 May 2011

Menu Plan Monday for May 30th

Good morning!  So, my freezer food did save me some time & money at the beach last week, but in all honesty, we ate out every single night.  It was very nice, and so delicious.  A real luxury for us.

Back to reality.

We vacationed with our friends and their daughter.  They are also both nurses, although he is an Advanced Practitioner, which is kind of like a P.A (but better, because as we all know - nurses ROCK!).  Sorry, I got a little off track there.

Anyway, Josh has been having stomach problems for almost a year.  He's been on numerous prescription and non prescription medicines without a huge improvement, as well as a hodge podge of other non specific complaints and no weight gain.

After spending the week together, he suggested that maybe Josh has a gluten allergy or sensitivity.

Deep down, I had been wondering the same thing for a while now.  I really believe that it is a confirmation that it's time to make a change in our family's eating habits.  I'm taking the week to research online and read up on gluten free menu's and ideas.  I already read a couple of sites like Lynn's Kitchen Adventures and A year of slow cooking that are gluten free.  I'm also going to talk to my friend Patricia at Health Naturally (I just love that little herb lady) and see if she has any advice. 

With that in mind, here's this weeks menu:

Monday:  Cheeseburgers, seasoned baked potato wedges, salad, watermelon
Tuesday:  Chicken fajitas, salad, peaches
Wednesday:  Foil tilipia, baked potatoes, green beans
Thursday:  Lasagna, salad, garlic bread
Friday:  Homemade pizza, peaches
Saturday:  Chicken fajita salads
Sunday:  Leftovers

We stopped at a fruit market on the way home from Nags Head and picked up some beautiful peaches & strawberries.  I've already made some into smoothies and frozen them for a quick breakfast.  We also bought some huge, sweet Vidalia onions that I'm going to grill for our burgers today.
 
Next weeks menu will be a little different.  I'm going to implement our gluten free plan then.  Say a prayer that this is the answer for Josh.  I want so much for him to get well and to avoid a huge GI workup when we go back to the doctor. 

 I've already ordered some Pamela's baking mix off Amazon that had good reviews.  I think I'll do OK with lunch and dinner, but I'm at a loss at what to make for breakfast.  Josh's favorite breakfast is cereal, CoCo wheat, pancakes or french toast.  I have no idea what I'm going to fix. 

If you have any advice or suggestions for gluten free living, I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks,
Charli

I'm linking up with Organizing Junkie for Menu Plan Monday.  Check it out!

1 comment:

Becca said...

I forgot a leftover night this week! I hope we can finish most of our food during dinner time lol Good luck with the gluten free menu next week :)