Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

09 May 2011

Menu Plan Monday

We're facing another busy week.  We have a trip planned to tour the fire department today, our niece's birthday party on Friday and Shaw to Sheep on Saturday at Prickett's Fort.  I've also made the conscience decision to be sociable with the mom's group at church, even though I'm a decade older than the other moms.  (OK, truthfully, as Ronnie so tactfully pointed out, I'm more like a decade and a half older than the majority of them.)  We also need to get the garden put in - if the rain would stop.
I actually stuck pretty well to our menu plan last week, except we did eat out at Apple Annie's on Thursday (my mother-in-law's favorite),Texas Roadhouse on Saturday and our friends, the Estels, on Sunday.
Guess I'm pretty good at sticking to a 4 day menu plan.

Here's what's on the plan for this week:
Monday:  Chicken Bacon Sub, Salad, Peaches (canned last summer)
Tuesday:  Steak, Baked Potato & Green Beans (crock pot)
Wednesday:   Cornbread & Cabbage, homemade applesauce (also canned)
Thursday:  Foil tilapia, baked potato, cheesy broccoli (crock pot)
Friday:  My niece's birthday party.
Saturday: Veggie/meatless lasagna, garlic bread, salad (freezer meal)
Sunday:  Leftovers.
I always like to have a back up plan for dinner - what will I serve if this doesn't go well? This week's backup is good ol' Hamburger Helper.  I have somehow accumulated a ton of it in the pantry by combining coupons with sales.  It will probably make an appearance as lunch one day as well.  And since I hate cooking breakfast, I'll probably make a big egg casserole with some leftover buns so we can eat off it for a few days with some fruit.  I'm hoping to mix up some breakfast cookies and the protein bars that I skipped out on during my cooking day Saturday, but after reviewing my to do list for the week, I may need a clone.  We'll see how it goes.
So, what's good at your house this week?
Charli

I'm linking up with Organizing Junkie here for Menu Plan Monday.  Check it out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you are joining our group.....we miss you!! Noone would know your age except that you keep bringing it up, lol.