Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

06 June 2011

Menu Plan Monday for June 6th


It's Monday again.  Our gluten free mixes are here from Amazon and we are beginning our gluten free adventure today.  We went to Giant Eagle in Morgantown yesterday to peruse the GF offerings and picked up a few things to try.  I'm defiantly going to have to keep a price journal now, this stuff is expensive.  Thank goodness we should be getting some produce from the garden by the end of next month.  That should help the grocery budget some.  I've decided to list our breakfast & lunch,  just to keep me on track this week.

Sunday:  BBQ chicken, broccoli, & salad
Monday:  Steak, corn on cob, & salad
Tuesday:  Cabbage Rolls in the crock pot, mashed potatoes, & applesauce
   *This isn't my exact recipe, but it's close and I love her tip to avoid boiling leaves.
Wednesday:  BBQ Chicken and Cornbread casserole and watermelon
Thursday:  Foil tilipia, baked potato, & salad
Friday:  Sweet chicken lettuce wraps, baked sweet potatoes, cottage cheese & peaches
Saturday:  Spaghetti, salad and garlic cheese biscuits

I'm substituting Pamela's biscuit mix for my normal baking mix.  Hopefully it works well.
For breakfast I have
  • Strawberry banana smoothies
  • Peach smoothies
  • Rice Chex
  • Banana nut muffins and yogurt
  • Cream of Rice - adding cocoa powder & stevia to try to make it like Coco wheat
For lunch:
  • Leftovers - including steak salads
  • Chicken nuggets and fruit
  • Baked potatoes and fruit
I'm still stuck on what to fix for lunches.  We're big sandwich eaters - especially peanut butter & honey.  I'm going to try making some bread with a couple of different GF bread mixes I picked up.  Hopefully, we can find one we like.

So, are you having anything good at your place this week?
Charli

I'm linking up with Organizing Junkie here.  Check it out!

1 comment:

Liz said...

I hope you like the sweet chicken. I have a bit frozen from the last time I made it to use for lunch this week. The boys will love it. Have a great week.

Liz

www.fresh-plate.blogspot.com