Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

30 September 2011

Awesome Chili

I've been making this chili for a long time.  It's absolutely great.  I like to serve it as chili with cornbread on the day I make it, then save some for taco salads later in the week.  Nothing like a two fer, right?

I know there are a lot of ingredients, but it does come together quickly and the crock pot does the rest. 

2 pounds ground beef
1 (29 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 (29 oz) can kidney beans with liquid
1 (29 oz) can pinto beans with liquid
1 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced green chili's (I used canned)
1/4 cup diced celery
3 ripe tomatoes, chopped
2 tsp. cumin
3 Tbsp. chili powder
1 1 /2 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. salt
2 cups water

Brown and drain the ground beef.  In your large crock pot, add the remaining ingredients.  Cook on low 8-10 hours. 

You can also make this on the stove, simmering for 3 hours and stirring every 15 minutes (that's just too much work for me).

I like to serve this with cornbread or top it with sour cream, cheese and green onion.

Delish!

I'm linking up with Comfy in the Kitchen this week as well as Frugal Fridays.  Check it out.

No comments: