Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

11 November 2011

Craft show this weekend.

2nd Annual West Virginia
Arts & Crafts
Christmas Spectacular

November 11, 12, 13, 2011
Veteran's Day Weekend!!!
Fri & Sat 10-6, Sun 10-4

Ruby Expo Center at Mylan Park


I actually went to this craft show twice last year.  Once with my Mother in Law on Friday, then again on Saturday with my Mom.  It wasn't my original plan, but after I saw what all they had to offer, I had to take my Mom there too. 
It went a bit against my prinicpal of not paying admission for the privledge of shopping, but it really is one of the best local craft shows around.   They had a great variety of items - primatives, wreaths and floral arrangements, handcrafted jewerly, soaps, lotions, purses, toys, baked goods.... you name it. 
My favorite purchase was a stuffed starfish that is actually a reusable ice pack for boo boos.  "Patrick" has had a lot of use in the past year and still looks great. 
I also picked up some dip mixes that I've used for a quick fix dish to take to church or appetizers when we have friends over. 
We brought our camera for our free picture with Santa, after the boys told him what they wanted for Christmas, of course.
The only real negative I could say about it was the parking.  It was a bit of a mess on Saturday, but by no means horrible.  They did have gentlemen directing traffic to help it flow a little better.  Hopefully, they picked up a few ideas to make it better this year. 
So, if you have some time this weekend you might want to check it out. 
You can click here for $0.50 admission price. 

No comments: