Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

09 November 2011

Bedtime Treasure.

Bedtime.  Oh, how I love bedtime. 

I'm not only physically exhausted, most days I'm also mentally tapped out by the time it rolls around.

One of my favorite things that we do at bedtime is to play music as the boys go to sleep.  It really does help us have a much smoother transition and significantly less complaints of being cold/hot/scared/not sleepy....really, just about any excuse you can think of to not go to sleep.  We've used soft classical and different instrumental music when they were younger, but a few months ago, we found a keeper. 

Hidden in My Heart: A Lullaby Journey through Scripture by BreakAway Music is one of my favorite CD's.  It's not your typical children's music.  It's powerful, it's beautiful, it's worshipful.  The label of lullaby doesn't do it justice. 

Many nights, when I'm tired and if I'm being honest, overwhelmed and frustrated....to hear that beautiful melody floating down the stairs, reminding me "surely goodness and love will follow me, all the days of  my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forevermore", well, that's just a wonderful thing to hear before bed regardless of your age.

I love that not only does the music set a relaxing tone to our home, but the boys are hearing the Word of God each night as they drift off to sleep.




You can hear a sample of all their tracks by clicking on my Amazon link below.  

2 comments:

Erica said...

I am ordering this!! Isaiah has regressed recently and is so afraid at night and Eli is starting the same thing. We pray before bed but I really think it would help to have the truth of God's word playing while they are asleep.

Charli said...

Erica, I love this CD. I really hope they come out with a second one, although I can listen to this one over and over.