Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

01 May 2012

31 Days continues....

Despite last week being nutso, I have kept up with the 31 Days to Clean challenge that I'm doing with Tracey over at Building My House.  I will freely admit that she is kicking my patooti with this challenge.  It's a good thing I like her, cause it's kinda irking me.

I didn't get any before photos.  I tried to use my IPod because I couldn't find the memory card for my camera.  I looked everywhere.  Turns out it was in my camera the whole time.  I just didn't see it when I popped the side open.  I'm a genius like that. 

This week was all about the living room.  I took all the cushions off the sectional, washed them and hung them out to dry.  I scrubbed the ottoman and the area rug as well.  Of course, I found a stash of socks, legos, squeakies and all kinds of junk down in the couch.  Most disturbing find - a cheese stick, that was there when I took the cushion off and gone when I turned back around.  I'm really hoping it was the dog who ate it. 

Desk area before.

Desk after.

Entertainment center after.

Random disgustingness before.

Nap worthy after.

Entertainment center closed.

And yes, I'm aware that my nativity set is still up.  I love it.  I leave it up most of the year. 

The Mary challenges were, well, a challenge.  I liked the one about sitting down with a cup of coffee and visualizing how you'd like your home to look and run.  The remaining ones were ouch & amen: confronting laziness and looking at how much time you spend on the computer.  Ouch, again.  I'm working on it. 

This week we're moving on to the bedrooms.  I'm going to tie a rope around my waist Old Testament style.  If you don't hear from me, come pull me out!

Use the link above to see what Tracey has been up to.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I always find legos, coins and cereal in our couches. And nothing wrong with a little cleaning competition. Love ya.