Now that I have boys, I can add to that list the following facts:
- A peregrine falcon is faster than a cheetah.
- How to make myself invincible on Lego Batman Wii.
- The names, strengths and weaknesses of all Avenger heroes and villains.
- All the words to the Phineas & Ferb theme song.
I know these things because they are of interest to my kids right now. The same way that four years ago I could tell you all about Bob the Builder thanks to Josh or the never ending amount of facts I know about dinosaurs from John's borderline obsession last year. Or Josiah, and his amazing recollection of peregrine falcon information. (Thanks for that Wild Kratts.)
Don't get me wrong, there are days when if I hear the words Batman, Iron Man, or Thor I think my head might very well explode. But I make it my job to know about these things for two reasons.
1. I want to make sure what they're watching or listening to is appropriate, and
2. I want to be able to talk to them about what interests them now.
Would I choose to sit on the porch swing and hear all about Batman and Manbat and the Joker? Umm, no. But I love spending time talking with my boys, even if it is listening to the same thing for the zillionth time.
|Hulk, Spiderman, Captain America and Thor.|
Who knows, maybe one day I'll be on Jeopardy and all this random information will pay off.
Watch out Alex Trebek! I'm on my way.
Don't forget to check out the other bloggers and see what they have to say:
|Tracey at Building my House|
|Kathleen at Positive Adoption|
|Amery at Grace So Beautiful|
|Audrey at Everything Beautiful|