Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

12 September 2012

Josiah's favorite birthday cake.

 
When Josiah was turning three, all he wanted for his birthday was candy.  Just candy.
 
 
 

I was actually making cakes at the time and everyone who saw this cake loved it.  I had several orders for this cake.....which is really funny once I let you in on how incredibly simple it is to make.
 
Here's what you need:
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 can of chocolate frosting
1 big bag of M&M's (not single serving size)
10-12 Kit Kats
Ribbon of your choice.
 
1.  Make the cake according to the directions.  Josiah's cake above is a two layer cake.  The one I made for church Sunday is a single layer.  It works either way.
 
2.  When baked, turn out onto your board/plate and let cool. 
 
3.  When cool, apply a thin layer of icing all over cake.
 
4.  Break Kit Kat's into two's and apply to the outside of the cake.  You may have to break the last one into a single to fit it in depending on the size of your cake.
 
5.  Tie a ribbon around the outside of the Kit Kats.  It helps hold them in place. 
 
6.  Top the cake with M&M's. 
 
 
The cake below is a single layer.  I cut the Kit Kat's in half and made a single layer instead of a double.  I like the double a little better, but I realized at 8pm I didn't have enough Kit Kat's and I was not going back to the store.  
 
 
 
 
Now go make this cake for the chocolate lover in your life. 
 


3 comments:

Lori said...

This gives me an idea for my dad for his birthday! Thanks, this looks incredibly easy.

Rachel E. said...

That would nauseate me...but, I am glad to hear he loved his cake.

Charli said...

It's incredibly rich. A little bit goes a long, long way. Me, I'd rather have carrot cake!