When Josiah was turning three, all he wanted for his birthday was candy. Just candy.
I was actually making cakes at the time and everyone who saw this cake loved it. I had several orders for this cake.....which is really funny once I let you in on how incredibly simple it is to make.
Here's what you need:
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 can of chocolate frosting
1 big bag of M&M's (not single serving size)
10-12 Kit Kats
Ribbon of your choice.
1. Make the cake according to the directions. Josiah's cake above is a two layer cake. The one I made for church Sunday is a single layer. It works either way.
2. When baked, turn out onto your board/plate and let cool.
3. When cool, apply a thin layer of icing all over cake.
4. Break Kit Kat's into two's and apply to the outside of the cake. You may have to break the last one into a single to fit it in depending on the size of your cake.
5. Tie a ribbon around the outside of the Kit Kats. It helps hold them in place.
6. Top the cake with M&M's.
The cake below is a single layer. I cut the Kit Kat's in half and made a single layer instead of a double. I like the double a little better, but I realized at 8pm I didn't have enough Kit Kat's and I was not going back to the store.
Now go make this cake for the chocolate lover in your life.