I know. Normally you have the pleasure of reading all about my foolishness and folly, but today I have a question for you.
I've recently read a great little e-book called Untangling Christmas: Your Go-To Guide For A Stress-Free Holiday by Karen Ehman and LeeAnn Rice. I've already taken some of their suggestions to simplify the season.
One of the things they talk about is simplifying our activities. Ask yourself, what are your must do's for this season. The events you just don't want to give up because they are traditions you enjoy.
I ended up with only four "must haves" and one "I'd like to".
1. Time with family at Christmas
2. Christmas program at church.
3. Driving around town seeing the lights and drinking cocoa.
4. Family Bible reading of the Christmas story before bed on Christmas Eve.
5. And I'd like to find a live nativity to take the boys to this year.
The problem for me is that my list of want to's goes on forever. Obviously we'll end up doing more than just these four things, but the point is to actually enjoy my family and friends this season instead of being stressed out about having one more thing to do. Let's face it, celebrating Jesus birth should involve more than me looking forward to January so life can slow down.
So my question to you today is what are your must have traditions?