Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

04 November 2012

Making Your Home A Haven: Week One.


Tomorrow starts our Make Your Home A Haven challenge. 

Here's our week one challenge:

Purchase a big candle and light it every day in your home. I place mine in the kitchen. Every time it catches your eye, pray for peace in your home. 

I have a Paula Deen Pumpkin Pie candle that I'm going to sit on the stove.

If you follow the blog I write for our Women's ministry at church, Woven, you know that I've been struggling with a lack of peace.  I've noticed worry creeping into my thought about the future, about our family and about our jobs and our business.  This is not God's plan for me.  I thought I'd share some verses that I like to reflect on when worry tries it's best to take over. 


Matthew 11:28-30  Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lovely in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden in light.

John 14:27  Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.  Not as the world gives do I give to you.  Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

John 16:33  I have said these things to you, that you may have peace.  In the world you will have tribulation.  But take heart; I have overcome the world.

Philippians 4:6-7   do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Isaiah 12:2 “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.”

James 3:18 And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.


I'm praying for peace to dwell in our homes this week. 

Don't forget to check in with Courtney at Women Living Well to see how others are making their home a haven. 

2 comments:

Vicki Pyles said...

I can't wait to start this. Peace is needed here. Thanks for the verses. I love how God always knows what to say.

Lori said...

Thanks for these verses...I will probably be stopping by here through the week to read them. I think everyone needs some peace in the home. We all get bogged down with schedules and routines that we forget to sit back and relax and be thankful for what we have and appreciate the peace.