Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

18 February 2013

Menu Plan Monday for February 18th.

Good Morning!

Sorry for being kind of quite last week. I've had some gallbladder trouble for about six years now and I usually do a liver cleanse to keep problems at bay. I have been busy lazy and haven't done it for the last two years and Wednesday it really flared up. Needless to say, I did the cleanse this weekend and am feeling much better now.

This week we have a field trip to the fire station on our agenda as well as finishing up our Pinewood Derby cars for next week's race. The boys love making their cars and we actually have them make the most of them. Ronnie cuts them out and puts the wheels on but the boys have to sand and paint them and help with the weights. Our cars are rarely pretty, but the boys love them.

I'm also trying yet another new project. I'm going to try going to the grocery store only once a month. I'm buying the bulk of our groceries today and then I'll save a little bit of grocery money back to pick up milk and bread after co-op or church.  I've been reading about it on other blogs and I like the sound of it. I have a plan and I'm on my way today. I'll let you know in about a month how or if it's working.

This Sunday is also our church's annual chili cook off. I'm entering once again. I need to come up with a great name for this year's entry. Past year's entries have been "Dutch Oven Delight" and "Luscious Lucinda", named after that year's cow.... Lucinda. I'm not feeling very creative this week and I just can't think of a good name. Feel free to leave me a suggestion.

This weeks menu is simple, as always:

Monday: Crock pot roast chicken, baked sweet potatoes and mixed veggies.

Tuesday: Crock pot hot dogs and sauce, carrot sticks and applesauce.

Wednesday:  Foil tilapia, baked potatoes and carrots

Thursday: Open faced chicken sandwich and spinach salad.

Friday: Pizza, salad and grapes.

Saturday: Leftovers

Sunday: Taco salads (using any leftover chili)


As always, don't forget to check out orgjunkie.com for more great menu planning ideas.

4 comments:

Lori said...

How about "Utterly Fabulous Chili"? Glad you're feeling better, and let me know about the monthly grocery shopping thing (although, I doubt I could get a months worth of groceries at once).

Charli said...

Utterly Fabulous! That's a good one.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better. I shop once a month and love it, I find it easier then going weekly. I'll be curious about how you make out, please keep us posted.

Coleen

Charli said...

Thanks Coleen. I have to say, it really wasn't that much more time than a regular trip. I'll post on it tomorrow.