Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

04 March 2013

Menu Plan Monday for March 4th.

So how was your weekend?

Mine was a little busy.  I was on call for the hospital and after my visits on Saturday, we headed up to Tractor Supply and picked up these:


Yep, baby chicks!  They're just pullets so I guess we'll see what we have as they grow.  The boys are loving them, as always, especially John.  He'll sit in front of the cage just about all day playing Legos and watching the chicks.

Last week was a big week for the boys. 
John took first place and Josiah second in their division of the Pinewood Derby.

Josh passed his Phase 1 test at MMA class to advance to Phase 2.
 
And hopefully today, Josh will get his expander off at the dentist.  We're planning either a celebration lunch at Dairy Queen or a "maybe next time" lunch, depending on if it comes off or not.  Either way, Dairy Queen will make it better.

 I'm trying a couple of new recipes this week for my menu:

Monday: Stuffed peppers, egg noodles and applesauce.
Tuesday:  Crock pot Honey Apple Pork Loin, sweet potatoes and sauteed zucchini.
Wednesday:  Loaded nachos (taco meat, beans, chips, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, ect).
Thursday:  Alice Springs Chicken, baked potatoes and carrots.
Friday: Pancakes and eggs.
Saturday:  Leftovers
Sunday:  Pot roast with potatoes and carrots.

I'm also planning on some baked sweet potatoes for lunch.  I'm finally at the bottom of the box on both the 80 pounds of sweet potatoes and the last 50 pound bag of potatoes from this summer.  I actually bought potatoes for the first time in over a year last time I went to the store. 

My once a month shopping is still working really well.  I picked up 4 gallons of milk and a loaf of bread at Shop & Save on my way home from co-op on Friday.  Don't forget if your local that S&S will have their milk on sale at $2.89 until Tuesday.  Great stock up price.

As always, you can check out more great menu ideas at orgjunkie.com.

6 comments:

Rachel E. said...

Congrats on the chicks! How fun for your family. I never thought to use a rabbit or guinea pig cage. :)

Charli said...

It's working great. My friend Leslie gave me all her chick starting stuff last week. All we had to buy was pine chips, feed and chicks. Not too bad!

Anonymous said...

Mmm I love nachos!

How do you store all those potatoes so they stay good for that long?

Charli said...

I have a cellar with a potato bin. We actually bought 250 pounds and I canned 150 pounds. The other 100, we've eaten at breakfast, lunch, dinner - even used for a baked potato bar with my youngest sons birthday. We got such a great deal on them and they have really helped stretch our budget this winter. Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am so impressed! Canning 150 pounds of potatoes!? That is amazing. I feel proud when I buy something in bulk at Costco. You are my hero ;)

Charli said...

Aww... that's sweet. But I'm really just a cheapskate who doesn't want to work full time!