Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

18 April 2013

Homeschool Blog Hop: My biggest frustration.

This is an easy one.

What's my biggest frustration?

Me.

Yep.  Me.

Maybe I should say my vision of my "ideal".  You know, my ideal school day, my ideal home, my idea ministry. 

In my mind, things are so perfect.  So well planned and executed.  But you see, that's only in my mind.  Then there's reality. 

In reality sometimes we play the xbox for three hours and then fight about doing school instead of coming downstairs like the VonTrapp children in matching curtain outfits ready to learn.

Ideal.  I - deal.  Idol. 

My ideal can be my idol.  And that is my biggest frustration. 

I can blame it on the boys behavior or on being busy, but it all boils down to things not going according to my ideal plan.  Like I really know what's going on. 

When will I learn that it's not my plan to start with? 

I didn't plan on not working full time.
I didn't plan on having more than two children.
I didn't plan on homeschooling.

Needless to say, God knows better than I do.  You'd think I'd have learned this by now. 



Check out my friends to see their biggest frustration:

Clockwise, from top left:
Lorrie @ Life and Lessons Learned, Selena at Campbell Clan, Kathleen @ Positive Adoption, Audrey @ Everything Beautiful, Charli @ WV Urban Hippies, Tracey @ Building My House, and Maria @ The Joyfully Frugal Home.  Not pictured is Jessica @Redeeming the Home.


2 comments:

Rachel E. said...

Well put. I'm struggling in this same area too. I am frustrated about how the days are going. It seems they don't go well enough.

Maria said...

Good word. I love how you say i-deal can quickly turn to idol. In my house as well. It's a good reminder to keep proper perspective. Thanks for sharing. :)