Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

10 July 2013

Summer Fun..... and a garden update.

We have been having a lot of fun with our friends this Summer, despite the rainy weather. 

Here's a peek at some of our fun:

Swimming with our cousins.

My nephew Eli turned 5.

Servolution with our church - passing out free water at the parade.


More Servolution fun - a free car wash.  Talk about freaking people out!

Old chickens....

And new chickens...

Soap making with the girls - so much fun!


And finally, the garden. 
Look at that beautiful corn!

John, our garden helper.

Zucchini

We totally beat "Knee high by the 4th of July" this year!




All this rain has been great for the garden - and the weeds!  I've given up on weeding the potatoes.  At this point I'm pretty sure I'll tear the plants out with the weeds.  I'm already getting tomatoes and different squash from the garden and since the corn is already tasseling out, I'm pretty sure we'll be picking corn in about three weeks. 

It may be a wet Summer, but it's still a fun one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow- all of this looks fun and productive! You always inspire me! Enjoy!
~Shannon M.