Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

26 July 2013

Zucchini Pineapple



What a great and easy canning recipe!

This is my first year making zucchini pineapple, but the smell in my kitchen from it was incredible.

I don't know about you, but I honestly think I could throw zucchini seeds just about anywhere and still end up with a ton of zucchini.  It just grows so easily.

And if you're anything like me, sometimes you lose track of a zucchini or three and next thing you know, they're as big as baseball bats.  Not much good for tiella or any other great recipe. 

But they are good for canning.  And this is just the recipe - zucchini pineapple. 

Here's what you'll need:

8-9 cups of zucchini, peeled and cubed small
3 cups of sugar
1 cup of lemon juice
2 46oz cans of unsweetened pineapple juice

Add all the ingredients to a large stock pot and bring to a simmer.  Let cook down until the zucchini is semi-soft.  Ladle into prepared jars - I used pints.  Process in a boiling water bath for 20 minutes. 

Use in the place of pineapple in recipes. 

No comments: