Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

02 October 2013

I know you don't want to hear this but.....

I know you probably don't want to hear this, but I'm going to say it anyway -

It's time to start thinking about Christmas. 

I know.  I know.  But it's already October.

If you're making gifts, it's time to get busy.  And it's still early enough that you can buy one gift a pay and not toss this Christmas on the credit card.  We've paid cash for our Christmas for the past nine years.  It's a great feeling.  Trust me!

Here's some of the DIY gifts I'm planning on this year:

For the boys and my little nieces and nephews:

Super Hero capes


 
Hot Cocoa Mix
  
Reindeer Donuts
For my teenage nieces:
Headbands
Ruffle scarf - in blue & gold for school colors.

Manicure sets

 
 
For my mom:
I have some great fabric in brown & green for this, plus a matching warming rice bag.

 
She also wants a picture of all the grandkids in "whatever they want to wear".  Her words exactly.  I tried to remind her that this is asking for trouble.  I have no doubt that despite it being October we'll have at least a couple in super hero costumes, at least one in shorts and I would not be surprised at all to have my niece in her cheerleading uniform.  We'll see how this turns out.  I'm going to take the picture myself and then split the costs of developing and framing with my brother. 

I have to say, I'm most excited about my mother in laws present, but since she's the only one who actually reads my blog, it will have to remain a secret.  I'll take a picture of it for you to show after Christmas - if it turns out right.

I also have my homemade vanilla that has turned out great!  Ronnie & I are also thinking about making some pints of apple pie moonshine with the alcohol we have left over from the vanilla for gifts this year.  There is nothing better with some honey as a hot toddy when you're feeling bad. 

There's still plenty of time to get started on any crafts you want to make for Christmas!  It's a great way to bulk up your gift for very little money.  Most of these projects will be done in the evenings while we're watching TV or just hanging out.  If I feel really productive, I could knock out most of these in one afternoon. 

If you want to make any of these projects, you can find the original links by checking out my Pinterest boards here and here.

So, are you making anything this year?

No comments: