Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

30 September 2013

Menu Plan Monday for September 30th.

What a great rainy day today is!  I love days like this.  I have no reason to leave the house and the rain just makes everything seems to slow down.  I think after school today we'll snuggle on the couch with blankets and have movie time. 

Can you believe I'm just now finishing my apples?  I'm trying something new this year and dehydrating close to a bushel.  About 1/3 are dusted with cinnamon and sugar for snacking and the rest are plain for using with oatmeal or apple crisp.  I have about a half bushel to finish today and I've decided to add in the blueberries and strawberries we picked and froze this summer to make blueberry applesauce and strawberry applesauce.  You know, something different. 

I also got the date wrong for chicken butchering.  It's actually this Saturday.  I'm planning on canning these birds because they're supposed to be on the small side.  Of course, I'll make stock from the extras and can that too.  There is nothing better than homemade stock.  So good.

Speaking of so good, check out the menu for this week:

Monday:  Pork chops, honey carrots and baked apples.
Tuesday:  Soup beans and cornbread (didn't make this last week)
Wednesday:  Baked chicken, salad and corn.
Thursday:  Taco night, refried beans (using soup beans) and grapes
Friday:  Pizza night & salad.
Saturday:  Slow cooker cheesy chicken and rice, green beans.
Sunday:  Spaghetti and meatballs, salad, bread machine garlic bread.

Yum, right?  So what's good at your place this week?


No comments: