Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

05 March 2015

Sweet Suprise Sauce for Chicken or Pork

Bear with me here.  It's not pretty.  But boy is it good.


 
 
 
This is one of the sauces I made years ago when Ronnie and I were just friends and I would feed him in exchange for work on my house.  Maybe the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. 
 
I've used this as a marinade with pork chops on the grill, as well as baked on chicken.
 
Today, I used it on chicken quarters that I had in the freezer, but I honestly like it on chicken legs the best.  It's a great meal for guests paired with baked potatoes and green beans - delicious, while still cheap and easy. 
 
Here's the recipe:
 
Preheat your oven to 350.  Cover a 9x13 pan with foil to save yourself some heartache with cleanup.
 
Add skin on chicken in a single layer and salt & pepper both sides to your taste.
 
In a bowl add together 1/2 cup honey, 1/4 cup ketchup, 2 TBSP soy sauce and 2 tsp. minced garlic.  You can microwave it a little to help it come together if you need to.  (In all honestly, this sauce is very forgiving,  You can use more or less of any of the ingredients and it still comes out nice.)
 
Pour over the chicken and bake uncovered for 45 minutes.  Remove from oven and turn chicken over.  Increase oven temp to 425 and bake uncovered for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. 
 
That's it. 
 
If I'm doing pork chops on the grill, I simply throw the sauce and chops in a baggie in the morning to grill at dinner time. 
 
Try it.  You'll love it!

No comments: