Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

18 March 2015

The Wedgie You'll Actually Want.



Want a quick and easy dinner that no one will whine about?

Here's you go.

It's a wedgie.  A local pizza place makes something similar.  Being the cheapskate frugal gal I am, I totally took the idea and made my own.

Here's what you'll need:
2 pre-made pizza shells
Italian dressing
Meat of your choice
Cheese of your choice

Preheat your oven to 400.  Spread Italian dressing on top of both pizza crusts (where you'd usually put the sauce and cheese).  Bake for 8 minutes on a cookie sheet and remove from oven.  Cover one crust with meat I used a combo of sliced turkey and slice ham).  Cover the other with cheese.  Then sandwich them together on the cookie sheet.  Brush the outside of the sandwich with more Italian dressing.  I then take a cast iron skillet covered in foil and place on top of the sandwich to squish it down.  Bake in the oven with the skillet on it for another 10 minutes until cheese is melted and outside of shells are a little crunchy. 

Serve by slicing into wedges (hence the wedgie name). 

I've made this with just about every type of leftover meat I've had in the fridge.  You can also pry it apart after it's baked and add some lettuce and tomato.  Ronnie & I really like it with leftover hoagie meat, grilled onions, and pickled peppers.  Yum.

It's a quick meal and a great way to use up leftovers.

So go ahead - give your family a wedgie!

1 comment:

The Kitchen Wife said...

*LOL* What a fun title to your dish! It sounds like a WV style Muffolato! I will have to try my hand at this! :)