Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

17 May 2011

Running in Mud

I'm a to do list kind of girl.  I wasn't always like this.  I was more of a fly by the seat of my pants kinda girl.  I have to admit, it's not because of the kids.  It's actually my husbands influence on me.  I used to think it was crazy.  He keeps a running list of more than he could ever accomplish and as he marks items off, he adds more on.  I approach my list a little differently.  I have been known to put items on my list that I have already finished so it looks like I've accomplished things.  Just makes me feel productive. 
Wake up
Brush teeth
Drink coffee
Check Facebook
Doesn't that look great.  I actually have 3 to do lists going right now. One for cleaning, one for school, and one for vacation.  I'm such a weirdo. 

The list is only a tool.  It can't help for days like yesterday.  Yesteday was a "running in mud" day.  No matter what I tried to do, it was hard.  Harder than it should have been.  Like trying to run in knee deep mud.   

So, what to do.  Part of me wanted to wallow....cry....kick and scream.  I'd love to be able to tell you I was a good little Christian girl.  That I prayed and asked God to help me with my attitude and my day.  I should have, but I didn't.  What I did was whine.  Complain.  I might have even pouted a little.  And, no, it didn't help anything.  It set a bad tone for our whole night.

Have you ever read about the Israelites wandering around in the desert?  Did you ever just think -  "Why are you acting like that?  Do you not remember what God did for you?  Really?".  Hmmm.  Ouch.  "Charli, why are you acting like that?  Do you not remember what God has done for you?  Really?". 

"Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

Proverbs 16:3

Here's to a new day.
Charli

Check out Mandisa's Good Morning here.  Loving it!

No comments: