Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

12 June 2011

Summer Reading Update

You guys are doing a great job keeping me motivated.  I'm already more than halfway through my summer reading list.  I will admit, most of the books were read during our beach trip.  I just loved getting up before everyone else, sitting on the deck overlooking the ocean and reading.  Just reading, all by myself.

Let me tell you about one of my favorite reads this summer (so far).

31 Days to Clean - Having a Martha House the Mary Way

This book is meant to be a daily read for 31 days, but I had to know what I was getting myself into.  I really enjoyed this book.  I was inspired by her idea to make a welcoming home, not a perfect home.  I'm going to start my 31 days on Monday.   I'll keep you posted on my progress. 

If I'm brave enough to let you see my messy closets.


My other great read was with the boys.


I actually laughed out loud.  The descriptions of the parents and their reactions to Roscoe's antics - classic.  My favorite was his description of the glue he's never to touch...the "don't you dare" glue.  It was a great little chapter book that all the boys actually sat down and listened to.  We read 1-2 chapters a day.  I can't wait to read the volume two.

So, have you read anything great this summer?

No comments: