Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

13 June 2011

Menu Plan Monday for June 13th


I have no idea what happened last week.  We didn't eat out , we did eat three meals every day, but I didn't follow my menu plan at all.  I'm going to blame Ronnie - he was on 3-11 and unexpectedly had a day off, so I'm sure somehow this can be his fault, right?

Surely it can't be my lack of motivation this past week. 

We actually tried something pretty good last night.  It was a frozen meal from Joe's Crab Shack.  We tried the honey Dijon Salmon and the Cod with a mango salsa.  Both were very good, and included a veggie & rice.  Best news, they were quick to prepare and gluten free.

I'm having mixed feelings about our Gluten Free adventure.  I'm not noticing any significant change with Josh yet, but it's only been a week.  I didn't realize how many "convenience" items we do rely on for snacks - crackers, nilla wafers, pretzels.  Whether this GF change works or not, I will definitely continue to exchange fresh veggies & increased fruit for snack. 

I have quite a few repeats on the menu for this week. 

Monday:  Easy crock pot chicken, rice, green beans, cantaloupe
Tuesday:  Cabbage rolls, mashed potatoes, corn
Wednesday:  Spaghetti, salad, garlic cheese biscuits
Thursday:  Steak, baked sweet potatoes, green beans
Friday:  Foil tilipia, fried potatoes, salad
Saturday:  Grilled chicken, cheesy quinoa, watermelon
Sunday:  Leftovers

My crock pot will be getting a lot of use this week.  We were invited to VBS at our neighbor, Mr. B's, church.  We love VBS.  I'm planning on the boys attending most of the week. 

Speaking of VBS - our VBS at Trinity is next week!  Pastor Dean & Chester will be there.  He was my kids church pastor (oh so many years ago).  I'm so excited that my kids will get to have this great experience too.

Hopefully, I'll stick to the plan better this week.
Charli

One more thing - I've started my 31 days today.  Easy peasy - gather any supplies I might need for the next 31 days - done.

I'm linking up with Organizing Junkie for Menu Plan Monday.  Check it out!

No comments: