Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

18 July 2011

Menu Plan Monday for July 18th.


Ronnie is back on dayshift.  We only have four more days of swim lessons.  And no VBS this week.  Ahhh.... normalcy.  Nice to see you again.

Ronnie's birthday party was great yesterday.  It's always nice to get together with family.  The kids played in the new playroom and the adults actually were able to talk to one another. 

Good news, Josh has decided he wants do the same thing for his birthday party in September, with the addition of the slip and slide.  Hellooo cheap party.  Makes a Momma smile. 

I did not follow last weeks plan.  Truth be told, we ate out four times last week, five if I count Wednesday night dinner at the church.  Although, in my defense, it was just the boys & I and we used some free kids meal coupons at Chick fil a from Trinity's VBS (total spent $6.96).  Then we had 0.99 kids meals at Eat & Park (total spent $ 8.14).  And we finished it all by having Mexican with Mammaw & Pappaw, using our buy 1 get 1 half coupon (total spent $11.58).  We ended the week by taking Ronnie to CJ Maggies for lunch as a family - no coupons.  But it was his birthday and that's a great reason to splurge.  I have a really bad habit of not wanting to cook when Ronnie is on 3-11 shift.  I need to get that under control.

This week is really going to be a no fast food week.  I want to stay home and enjoy taking it easy.  Well, with the exception of freezing our broccoli.  We have a ton of broccoli just about ready to go.  I think next week the peppers will be ready.  I love canning.  (Remind me of this in September).  We took advantage of the 20% off sale at Big Lots on Saturday and stocked up on more canning jars.   We bought 9 dozen quarts for $6.40 per dozen and 1 dozen jelly jars for $6.00.  Those prices are better than even the Bulletin Board has had this year.  I'm happy.

So here's this weeks menu:

Monday:  Make your own taco night.
Tuesday:  Steak, green beans, & new potatoes
Wednesday:  Kidtastic grilled chicken legs, Baked Parmesan zucchini, sliced tomato
Thursday:  Pork chops, sauteed zucchini, new potatoes
Friday:  Pizza night - one cheese, one taco pizza.
Saturday:  Baked spaghetti, garlic bread, salad
Sunday:  Leftovers.

I'm using taco meat from the freezer as well as the baked spaghetti and garlic bread.  I made a giant pot of fresh from the garden green beans on Saturday that we're still eating this week.  So good.

Let's hope I do a better job following the plan this week.

No comments: