Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

02 July 2011

Tiella

There is nothing better to make with zucchini than Tiella.  Wait, let me change that.  There's nothing better than to make with zucchini than Tiella and my mother-in-law's zucchini bread - so very good.  I was so happy when I stumbled upon this recipe last week in the deep recesses of my recipe box.  I thought I would share it with you. 

All measurements are approximate - just make sure to fill your pan up and not leave any "holes" in the layering.

4 potatoes - cut into thin rounds
3-4 zucchini - cut into thin rounds
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 jar of spaghetti sauce (I use homemade, so it might be a little more than a jar)
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup bread crumbs
Salt & Pepper to taste.
Olive oil

Place your potatoes in one bowl, zucchini in another.  Add a couple TBSP olive oil to coat.  Mix in 1 T garlic and salt & pepper to taste.

Using a deep 9x13 or your lasagna pan, coat bottom with a thin layer of sauce. 

Then, simply layer your ingredients:
Potatoes
Zucchini
Sauce
Parmesan cheese
Bread crumbs
Continue layering until pan is full, ending with cheese & bread crumbs.

Bake in a 375 degree oven uncovered for 30 minutes. 
Then cover and bake for an additional 45 minutes.
Finally, uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes.
(Yes, that's a total cooking time of 1 1/2 hours.)

Let cool to room temperature before serving to let all the flavors come together. 

Tiella is one of those dishes that you can make you own by adding what you like.  I like to add hot peppers, but since I'm making it for the little folks as well, I leave them out.  You can eat it hot, you can eat it cold.  Just go eat it.

This is what zucchini hopes to be when it grows up.  Try it.

No comments: