Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

06 August 2011

Easy Meals from the Deli.

I wrote Friday about stocking up on lunch meat during Shop 'n Save's Two Day Sale.  Here's two of the ways I plan on using it, besides the usual sandwich.



Super Sub from Life as Mom.  Just add some fruit and you're done.


And, my favorite that I've been making since my friend Christa showed me this over 10 years ago.  Here's what you need.

1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
Lunch meat and cheese of your choice
Veggies of your choice - I use onions, tomatoes, peppers and sometimes Oliver's peppers.

Roll your dough out into a rectangle.
Layer on the meat, then cheese, then veggies.
Roll up jelly roll style.
Brush outside of dough with egg white, sprinkle with parm cheese.

Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until done. 

Slice and serve. 

I think lunch meat and cheese thaw with a little bit of a weird texture.  That makes this the perfect recipe to use with it. 

Hope you like it.

1 comment:

Rachel E. said...

Sounds delicious. I would have to make my own bread dough.