Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

08 August 2011

Menu Plan Monday

I'm mostly unprepared for this Monday.  We had such a great and relaxing weekend, that I didn't plan my menu until this exact minute that I'm typing.  Guess we'll be having some of our easy favorites this week.

Here's the plan:

Monday:  Steak, baked potato and green beans
Tuesday:  Spaghetti, green beans and garlic bread
Wednesday:  Honey grilled chicken, corn on the cob, carrots
Thursday:  Foil Tilipia, baked potato and asparagus
Friday:  Pizza night
Saturday:  Fried chicken, mashed potatoes and corn.
Sunday:  Ham & Cheese roll and fruit.

Well, there you have it.  Pizza night will most likely be take out this week as I'm working an extra day once again.  Everything else comes together pretty quickly. 
We started "a little" school last week, just to get back in the swing of things.  This week I'm adding all the subjects back in the mix.  I think we're going to enjoy this year.  We're making family trees this week as part of our history lesson. 

Have a great week!
Charli

4 comments:

swissarmymama said...

Hey, I had a question. Do you guys buy meat in bulk? If not, when you plan steak for a dinner, what kind of steak cut are you buying or using? How do you prefer to cook it?

Charli said...

We raise a cow each year and have it butchered. I'm really not that particular with the cut. I usually use my cast iron grill pan inside, but today I'm going to broil it. I recently tried Selena's broiled chicken and it was so tender and juicy that I decided to try it for our steak today.

Selena said...

Thanks for the compliment, Charli. :) And just so you know, when I buy steak I get a decent thickness of sirloin...it has a good flavor when grilled, and it can hold up to the cooking without turning into shoe leather. I just salt & pepper it and then grill it on high for about 5-7 minutes per side, depending on its thickness and the desired doneness. I hate mine to be bloody, but I do like a thin thread of pink through the middle, so it stays tender.

Charli said...

I broiled the steak and it was so much better. I think we just got a "bad" cow this year. It's not bad by any means, it's just not the best. Broiling made it so much better. I'm doing this from now on. I'll try your method with the next month with the next cow.