Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

02 September 2011

Canning Day (OK, Week) 2011.

It takes a long time to can 35 dozen ears of corn.  Trust me. 

At least having help made the work little easier and a lot more enjoyable.

We met at 9am and started right in.

We had some great little helpers....

And best of all, we had this:


The gigantic, eight burner stove in the church's kitchen. 

We fit all three canners, one large stockpot for water and a small sauce pot for our lids.  I could have easily fit one more canner on the stove top. 

By the way, how happy does Ronnie look to be there?  

The end result of our hard work.......

 Corn!

My end of the week total is as follows:
5 dozen quarts of corn
4 dozen quarts of sauce & peppers
2 dozen jars of pepper jelly
And another 15 quarts of frozen sweet peppers.

I'm finishing up the applesauce today.  Woo Hoo!

Also, Ronnie's new canner that I bought him for his birthday is a beast.  I love that thing.  It can do 17 quarts at a time.

So there you have it. 

Canning-palooza 2011 is outta here.

No comments: