Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

09 January 2012

Menu Plan Monday for January 9th

Sunday....what a day!  I started my day with a home health visit at 7am, followed by Sunday school at 9:30, then church, where I had the preschool duty.  My room was packed with fourteen 4 & 5 year olds (who are normally very sweet, but this time, I think had Mountain Dew and Pixie Stixs for breakfast).  We packed a lunch and ate after church because the boys had a soccer clinic at 1pm that was held at the church gym.  Then it was on to my in laws for early (and delish!) dinner at 3pm and made it home just in time to catch kickoff for the Steelers/Broncos game at quarter till 5.   Whew. 

The soccer clinic is run by Valley Soccer Academy and lasts thru the end of January.  All three boys are in the same class.  Good news, the instructor knows John & Josiah's names well.  Bad news, it's only because they didn't listen and he had to keep yelling "John, get off the floor" and "Josiah, no hands in soccer".  Hopefully next week goes better.

This weeks menu is still from the pantry.  I did go to the store last week, but mostly to stock up on household items that I could price match and use coupons.  You can read about my slightly odd trip here if you missed it last week.

Here's this week's plan:

Monday:  Ham, sweet potatoes and corn
Tuesday:  Soup beans and cornbread
Wednesday:  Roast chicken with carrots and green beans
Thursday:  Leftovers
Friday:  Ham and cheese rollup and fruit
Saturday:  Pizza night. Cheese and Hawaiian
Sunday:  Awesome chili

Thursday is leftover night because Ronnie will be at his Bee meeting.  Yes, there is an entire group of Marion County citizens that meet to discuss raising bees.  I would go, but I don't think I could contain my excitement.  (Insert sarcasm here).

Here's to a great week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a busy week! The chili sounds really good!

Sherry