Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

21 May 2012

Menu Plan Monday for May 21st.


Boy, I'm glad it's Monday. 

This weekend, we had the pleasure of a stomach virus.  Luckily it was only a 24 hour type virus.  Unfortunately, we managed to throw up on every single bed we have. 

I washed a total of eleven loads of laundry yesterday - nine loads of bedding and two loads of clothes.  Thank goodness for the clothesline!  That beast Ronnie built was loaded down yesterday.

This week is back to normal.  Ronnie is back to work.  I'm done with my 31 days to clean challenge and back on the Motivated Moms plan.   And I'm making plans to start our new school year next week.  We don't take Summer off right now.  I need the extra time to stay caught up since I work.  We'll do math, reading and a really fun geography history program, Expedition Earth by Erica over at Confessions of a Homeschooler.  I'll fill you in more on our Summer fun school later. 

Here's this weeks plan:

Monday:  Sloppy joes, potato chips and watermelon.
Tuesday:  Queso Fundido, beans, rice
Wednesday:  Crock pot maple ham, baked potatoes and applesauce.
Thursday:  Breakfast for dinner.
Friday:  Chicken Bacon Sub, salad and peaches.
Saturday:  Cobb salad with our favorite honey dijon vinigrette and fruit.
Sunday:  Leftovers or pizza.


Don't forget to check out orgjunkie.com for more menu planning ideas!

4 comments:

Barker said...

We are not taking the summer off either, at least for now. I usually mean to do the whole summer but it never works out that way. It takes too much to get Eli motivated and he pretends to forget everything at the beginning of school for about 3 weeks, then it all comes back to him. He's had 3 weeks off and I am starting him back to school today. Tim also went back to work today. I might get some of a routine back today.

Charli said...

I have the same problem here. I'm using this week for "chore bootcamp" - I've been pretty lax during my cleaning challenge. I know next week will be a challenge to start "doing school" again. It's just easier to keep on going.

Rachel E. said...

So sorry to hear about the virus. We had something similar around Easter time. Not fun! Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Steph (The Cheapskate Cook) said...

yeah, that 24 hour bug is awful. We had the same thing recently... Chicken Bacon Subs sound delicious!