Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

12 December 2012

Enchiladas!

Sorry, no pictures for this one.  Blogger is giving me grief about uploading them.  Good thing this is a super easy recipe.

Here's what I used:

About 1 pound of beef roast/stew meat.  (I used some chunked up venison).
1 large can of enchilada sauce ( I used the 29oz can of Las Palmas)
2 beef bouillon cubes
Flour tortillas
Cheese
All the good stuff:  sour cream, lettuce, tomato, avocado, green onions, ect.

You're going to love this.  It's so easy!

Put your meat in the bottom of your crock pot.  Add the sauce and then crumble the bouillon cubes over the sauce.  Cook on low for 7-8 hours. 

I always start with my meat partially frozen on days I have to work.  I mean, most people work an 8 hour work day.  By the time I add work, then picking up the kids, I'm closer to being out for at least 9 hours.  By not thawing it completely it doesn't overcook.  As always, that's just what I do.  You should use your own judgement.

When you get home, shred your meat with two forks and mix with the sauce.   Then using a slotted spoon, spread the meat down the center of the flour tortilla and fold it up.  Place in a 13x9 baking dish.  Continue until the dish is full.  Pour some of the sauce from the crock pot over the folded enchiladas and cover with cheese.  Broil until the cheese is melted. 

I had enough meat mixture left over for another meal.  Then again, I don't weigh the amount of venison I put in each bag but it usually is between 1-2 pounds.  Next time I'll just plop the frozen lump of meat and sauce in the crock pot until it's warm.  Even easier.

I served them with a little extra sauce and then loaded the tops with all the good stuff:  lettuce, tomato, sour cream, green onion and a little avocado. 

This was a great meal to use for venison.  I think that slow cooking with the sauce and beef bouillon really made it taste more beefy and less gamey.  Plus who isn't all about cheesy love, right?

One word:  Yum.

2 comments:

Rachel E. said...

We love enchiladas. I make my own enchilada sauce and it is very tasty. It makes such a large batch, I can save some for another day.

Charli said...

I love Mexican and could eat it every week. Unfortunatly Ronnie doesn't care for it. He did like this though.