Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

08 April 2013

Menu Plan Monday for April 8th.


Did you have a good weekend?

Mine was not too bad.  We tried to spin our honey on Saturday and after two hours of fighting to get the honey out, we called it quits.  It was still too cold.  We only extracted a small amount of frames, but we got a good amount of honey.  If the rest of the frames are that full, we'll have a good harvest this Spring.

This week is a busy one!  It is every year.  Most of our family birthday's fall in February and April and this is the week in April that is always fun - but busy.  My brother's birthday was yesterday,  my mother-in-law Marion's is tomorrow and my niece Breanna and my God daughter Hannah are both later this week.  Whew!  We're taking my mother in law out to dinner tonight for her birthday, on Thursday we're going to Follies to watch our niece Erika, on Friday after co-op we're going to my niece Leslie's track meet which is at 4, then heading straight over to Valley Worlds of Fun for Hannah's party at 6.  Breanna's party is still yet to be determined, but I think it's going to be either Wednesday or Thursday.  Thankfully I'm only working one day this week. 

This week's menu will be a lot of quick meals to keep us out of the drive thru:

Monday:  Dinner at Cracker Barrel with Marion
Tuesday:  Roast chicken in the crock pot, baked sweet potatoes and mixed vegetables.
Wednesday:  Grilled pork chops, green beans and applesauce.
Thursday:  Quick potato and chicken dinner, green beans
Friday:  Dinner at the birthday party.
Saturday:  Leftover day.
Sunday:   Steak, baked sweet potatoes and salad.

That's it.  As always, nothing fancy.  Just good food.

Don't forget to check out orgjunkie.com for more great menu ideas.

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Don't need fancy when it's good! LOL Hope you have a good week.

Charli said...

Tha's my theory too Marsha!