Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

05 August 2013

Menu Plan Monday for August 5th

Hey!  Did I tell you I'm heading out to Columbus for Women of Faith on Friday?  I can't wait.  We always take a big bus full of women and have a great time. 

My weekend consisted of getting the corn canned and taking care of my husband.  Poor guy really pulled his back on Saturday and has been laid up with it ever since.  I even took him to the doctor - which is huge if your a nurse.  It's like admitting defeat.   

This week I'm only working one day which feels like a mini vacation.  I need to remember this feeling when I'm tempted to whine about working one day a week.  It's a good thing I have the extra day.  I'm already a little behind on my Fill the Freezer plan. 

This week's menu is taking advantage of the beautiful veggies that are growing outside.  My tomatoes are incredible and I finally have lettuce that looks nice. 

Here's the plan:

Monday:  Swim party with the girls at work - dinner there.  I'm bring hot dog sauce.
Tuesday:  BLT's, macaroni salad and peaches
Wednesday: Chicken Ranch tacos, corn
Friday:  Crock pot lasagna, salad
Saturday:  Leftovers
Sunday:  Crock pot tilapia, baked potatoes and green beans.

Ronnie & the boys will be having guy time Friday & Saturday.  From the sounds of it, I think they're getting ready for the Hunger Games.  Ronnie said they'll be shooting bow, working with their BB guns and maybe fishing. 

As always, check out orgjunkie.com for more great menu planning ideas.

No comments: