Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

30 July 2013

Four Weeks to Fill Your Freezer


That's right! 
In the next four weeks, I'll be making lots of great things to toss into the freezer.  Why?  Well, it just makes back to school season - and life in general - a little easier. 

We all know that homemade foods are not just better for our budgets, they're better for our health.  So by spending a few hours each week over the next four weeks, I'm going to fill my freezer with breakfast, lunch, dinner starters and snacks to help lessen the crazy that always accompanies starting school again.

This week, I'm focusing on breakfasts. 

Here's the plan:

Egg & sausage breakfast burritos
English muffins
Waffles
Banana chocolate chip muffin mixes
Granola

I finished the breakfast burritos yesterday in less than 30 minutes.  My plan is to make the granola in the slow cooker and English muffins in the bread machine tomorrow while I'm cleaning corn to can.  That will just leave the mixes and waffles for later this week. 

Next week we'll be focusing on lunches. 

Hope you'll join me!

No comments: