Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

16 September 2013

Menu Plan Monday for September 16th.

Hey there!  How was your weekend?

I ended up doing another big canning session this weekend.  Our cow came back from the butcher and I took the advice of my canning guru friend Emily and put up 60 pounds of ground beef as taco meat, sloppy joes and chili.  It will be so nice to just be able to grab a jar when I'm running late and warm up a quick dinner. 

Hopefully the rain eases up this afternoon so we can head to my in-laws to pick and can apples tonight.  That should just about be my last big canning for this year. 

This Saturday is one of our favorite events at the church, the Harvest Fest. 

 
So much fun!  No charge for admission, all the games and entertainment are free and the food is great.  It's open to everyone so grab some friends and head on out.  I'm in charge of the first aid this year, so I'll tell you like I tell my kids when we go places:  be nice to everyone, don't do dumb things and have fun.  Seriously though, it's a blast.  If you're close, you should come out.
 
The weather is finally starting to have that crisp Fall feeling to it.  Don't you just love it?  I'm hoping to get my fall decorations out this week, finish putting my mums out and clean out my flower boxes. We'll see how productive I am.  The boys also have their dentist appointments this morning, plus a visit to the pediatrician on Wednesday for well child visits and to catch up on their immunizations.  Well, catch up on the immunizations that I feel are appropriate.  Three active boys at the doctor's is always a busy day.
 
This week's menu is sure to include that delicious cow that we just picked up:
 
Monday:  Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and carrots
Tuesday:  Roast chicken, green beans and applesauce
Wednesday:  Crock pot pulled pork over cornbread, fruit
Thursday:  Salmon patties, baked potatoes and corn
Friday:  Dinner with the girls from work.  (Boys will be at my mom's and Ronnie's at a conference)
Saturday:  Dinner at the Harvest Fest.
Sunday:  Crock pot lasagna, salad.
 
As always, don't forget to check out orgjunkie.com for more great menu ideas.  And hope to see you at the Harvest Fest!
 

No comments: