Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

11 July 2014

The craziest thing I do. By far.

I know, I know.  There are a lot of options to choose from for crazy things that I do.  But, by far, I think the craziest thing I do is my gallbladder flush.

And I've been a little leary to share this with you because, well, it's odd.  And I don't want you to think that I think everyone should do this.  I think it's totally your choice and not right for everyone.  OK, now that my public service announcement is over, we'll continue.

You see, when I was pregnant with Josiah my gallbladder decided to act up - a lot.  It was basically decided that if it didn't get better they were going to have to place a drain through my stomach into my gallbladder until I delivered, then take it out.  Luckily it didn't come to that and I had Josiah, then went to see the surgeon.  But you see, I didn't really have time for surgery.  I had three boys under the age of 3 and a husband who couldn't afford to be off of work because I had already been on bedrest before having Josiah.  So I did what I always do - I googled how to fix your gallbladder without surgery.  (I never claimed to be a smart girl, just a fun one). 

Anyway, I came upon the Dr. Hudla Clark liver and gallbladder cleanse.  After looking into it and talking to the lady at the health food store, who had heard good things about it, I decided to try it.  I mean really, at that point that if it didn't work I would just have surgery.  And I guessed if a stone got lodged, I was close enough to the hospital that I would be ok.  Basically, I was scared to do it, but more scared of surgery. 

So here I am, almost seven years later and I'm still doing it.  I feel good if I do it about twice a year.  Unfortunately, I hadn't done it for almost a year and suffered all last week with the pain, pressure, belching..... did I mention pain?  It's worth mentioning twice. 

I cleared my schedule (and Ronnie's) and did a cleanse on Thursday into Friday.  I need Ronnie to be around to help with the kids.  While it's not painful, you do spend a lot of time in the bathroom - it is a cleanse.  And you're a little weak afterwards.  Plus, drinking that Epsom salt and oil is just gross.
I follow all the directions in the above link except I don't take the herbs (Black Walnut and Orthine).  I've done both with the herbs and without and have never really noticed a difference. 

This has worked great for me for the past six years.  And as long as it keeps working, I'll keep doing it. 

So now you know the craziest thing I do.  By far.

No comments: