Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

28 September 2015

Menu Plan Monday for September 28th.



It's money saving time around here.  You know, those times during the year when the belts get a little tighter.  Fall brings on birthdays, hunting and of course, Christmas shopping. 

The best way for me to free up some cash is to plan my menu.  It doesn't just save sanity, it saves a good bit of money.

And that's always good.

I actually sat down this weekend and made up my menu plan for the month of October.  You can check it out here.  My goal is to take about $50 a week from my grocery budget and grab a Christmas gift.  In reality, if I can squirrel away $30 a week, I'll be thrilled. 

This weeks plan is all about comfort food.  I think the chill in the air is getting to me.

Monday:  Awesome chili with venison and lick the pan cornbread
Tuesday:  Honey grilled chicken, green beans and carrots
Wednesday: Spaghetti & Meatballs, salad, garlic cheese biscuits
Thursday:  Cheeseburgers, oven fries and applesauce
Friday: Beer butt chicken, egg noodles and cheesy broccoli
Saturday:  Homemade pizza
Sunday:  Best meatloaf ever, roasted red potatoes, green beans

Yum, right?  I'm trying to make some room in the freezer before operation "If it's brown, it's down" (also known as deer season) starts.  With all four of my guys finally heading out, I need to work on clearing out space for some venison. 

So, what's good at your place this week?

No comments: