Tempt Your Tummy.               Things I Think About.               Project Time.              

05 September 2011

Menu Plan Monday for September 5th.



Happy Labor Day!  While the weather doesn't look the greatest today, hopefully you can at least enjoy not being at work today.  Ronnie & I are working today, just because we love that double time! 

Ronnie was on vacation last week and other than our trip to the zoo, we stayed home and worked on projects around the house.  We finished our canning, replaced most of the shelving in our cellar, built stairs to our back door (hooray for no longer falling down the hill!), re-organized our books and filing for our rental business, installed the wiring for our security cameras at our business and repaired the roof on our house.  Very productive week.  

Surprisingly enough, I stayed on my menu plan last week.  This is amazing.  Usually when Ronnie is home, we end up eating out.  Other than picking up happy meals on our way home from the zoo, we ate at home. 

This week is Josh's 7th birthday.  I can't believe my baby is such a big boy now.  We're just having a family dinner this week.  I'm going to do a big combined bon fire for his and Josiah's birthday next month.

We start co-op on Friday's this week.  I don't know who's more excited to see their co-op friends, me or the boys.  I love co-op Fridays.  We really do have a great group of moms.

Here's this week's plan:
Monday:  Philly Cheese Steaks, Baked potato wedges, and corn
Tuesday:  Tuna cakes, peas and mac & cheese.
Wednesday:  Honey grilled chicken, Cauliflower pancakes and baked potatoes
Thursday:  Pizza night for Josh's birthday and my famous ice cream cake.
Friday: Leftovers or Loaded nachos.
Saturday:  Steak, baked sweet potatoes and salad.
Sunday:  Crock pot chili and corn bread muffins.

Friday's menu will most likely be leftover pizza.  We have co-op until 3pm and soccer at 6pm.  I don't really see myself fixing dinner in that short time frame.  I might throw some ground beef in the crock pot with taco seasoning for nachos, but that's just my back up plan in case there's no leftover pizza.

One last thing:

The Harvest Fest in coming up on Saturday September 17th.  I know my calendar gets full at this time of year, so go ahead and mark this down.  It is a great time.  Hay rides, games, bouncy's, a zip line, petting zoo, pony rides, face painting and so much more.  All for free, so I know it's within your budget.  And this year comedian Brad Stine will be there for a free show as well as lots of great music from local folks. 

Hope you have a great week.

2 comments:

Cessna said...

I'd like to know specifics on the honey grilled chicken. Sounds like something we would like:)

Charli said...

Cessna, click on the link and it will take you to the recipe. It's super easy and yummy.