Not to worry! Look what I found:
We bought The Action Bible for Joshua last year and it was a complete hit. I often find him in the corner of the couch just reading to himself from this Bible. He loves the comic book layout. I was so excited when I stumbled upon the devotional based on it.
It contains 52 weekly devotions divided into the following sections:
- An illustrated story from the Action Bible
- A key verse.
- X-ray vision: Thoughts to connect the story with your life.
- Your Mission: Three ideas to put the theme in action.
- Your Debrief: Three questions to spark some brain cells.
- Mission Accomplished: Space to make some notes to remember.
- Share the Adventure: Ideas to involve friends.
It also has occasional pages where you can write, draw, cut & paste - whatever you want to do to be creative.
We are loving it. We do a little each day, as well as doing our verse for the week.
One thing I do want to make clear is that The Action Bible and it's devotional are great resources, but they aren't what I consider a real Bible. We still sit down and read the story for the week from our real Bible. Any work that we do for school is also done from our real Bible. However, this is a great resource. It has my kids more interested in reading great Bible stories than about superheros. To me, that's a homerun.
I picked mine up from Amazon for around $12.