OK, in all semi-seriousness, I thought I would use this snowy day for an update on my goals.
- T Tapp three times weekly - I can't find my T-Tapp DVD but I've been doing a walking video instead.
- Actually take my vitamins, not just buy them and set them in the cabinet. - I took them this week and I can tell a huge difference.
- Sleep eight hours most nights. - most night, yes.
- Read two books each month. - I chose two meaty books for January (Desperate and Malachi) and I haven't gotten through either. I may set Desperate down until next month and pick an easier read.
- Memorize two Bible verses each month. - Done. Zephaniah 3:17 and Philippians 4:6-7
- Schedule one date night a month. - We had a date night on Monday. Nothing fancy, just out to eat at the Mexican restaurant but it was nice to just sit and talk.
- Begin Project Peacock. - This has been a success so far.
- Organize our pictures.
- Start composting.
- Finish and plant my raised beds.
- Raise chickens.
- Spend one on one time with each boy monthly. - This is a lot harder than I thought it would be. With Ronnie's work schedule it's almost impossible to get a time when Ronnie & I can split the boys so we can have one on one time. I've got to think about this one more. I may change this to once every three months so I can rotate who gets one on one time each month. I feel bad even saying that, but it's just the season we're in right now.
- Incorporate family night. One night each week where it's just us. - This we've done and are really enjoying. We either do movie night or game night - usually on Fridays.
- Spend time with extended family monthly. - This hasn't happened yet.
- Finish 24 read alouds with the boys this year. - We've finished Mr. Popper's Penguins and Roscoe Riley Rules #4: Never Swim in Applesauce.
- Actually use my homeschool tracker software. - Does it count if I've at least looked at it. No. I didn't think so.
- Use Quickbooks for all business expenses as well as income. - Partial success. I still have a stack of bills to put into the computer.
- Make daily allotted time to focus on business a priority. - I've been hit or miss with this. I need to be more consistent.
- Make an effort to pay extra on mortgages. - This I've done.
So, how was your January?